WHAT IS BASIC ORIENTATION PLUS® (BOP)?
Basic Orientation Plus® was created by the Association of Reciprocal Safety Councils (ARSC), at first to to address the need for uniform and consistent training of contract workers in the petrochemical plant industry. These days though, ARSC programs are now used in a range of industrial settings. The rules and regulations referenced in this orientation are from the Code of Federal Regulations, 29 CFR 1910 and 29 CFR 1926 [OSHA].
Basic Orientation Plus® shows the student how to perform job duties and other tasks in the safest possible manner. Upon successful completion of the course and testing, the student will receive a Basic Orientation Plus® badge with the training and its expiration date. Training may be verified through the Basic Orientation Plus® secure online database.
WHAT TOPICS DOES BASIC ORIENTATION PLUS® COVER?
This course is designed to teach new employees general safety rules and regulations, as well as safe practices and principles associated with the construction and contract maintenance industries. It is also meant to re-inform and reinforce these ideas in more experienced employees. It qualifies as an OSHA mandated orientation, which covers the following topics:
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) and Chemical Safety
- Globally Harmonized Equipment (GHS)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Hearing Conservation
- Electrical Safety Related Work Practices for Non-Qualified Workers
- Respiratory Protection
- Elevated Work
- Fall Protection
- General Rules & Emergency Procedures
- Accident Prevention, Signs and Tags
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Excavation, Trenching & Shoring
- Emergency Action Plans
- General Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Fire Prevention
CALL TO REGISTER TODAY
Delivery: Classroom, On-Site
Duration: 8 hrs (1 Day)
Accredited By: OSHA
Hands-On: Demonstration Videos
Price: Call for pricing | Group Discounts: (5 or more)